- To make the Department of Civil Engineering a Center of Excellence Capable of providing Top Class Technical Education.
- To develop the overall Personality of Students imbibing Moral values and Ethics
- To provide state of the art laboratory facilities, faculty and other infrastructure to meet the requirements of Curriculum Research and Consultancy Services.
- To provide top class training so as to make the students among the best in the field of Civil Engineering.
- To impart Technical Knowledge to students as to make them face any challenging situation boldly.
- To impart Practical Oriented Technical Knowledge to students.
- To enrich the field of Civil Engineering by sustained efforts in Training of students and in Research Activities.
Scope for Civil Engineers
Civil engineers with an academic bent of mind can go on to obtain their Masters and PhD degrees and enter the world of research and teaching. Other civil graduates can find work at all levels of the economy. There are opportunities in small consulting firms
including those specializing in structural, environmental, municipal and geotechnical
engineering and some work in larger firms which encompass several branches of civil
engineering. Civil engineers can also work at national, state and municipal levels of the
government. They can also start their own business. Opportunities abound in varying
aspects of engineering like Bioengineering, Coastal Engineering, Environmental
Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Structural Engineering,
Transportation Engineering and Water Resources Engineering. The most popular
industries for getting employed are construction, engineering design, residential
construction, heavy civil construction.
|B E: Civil Engineering
|M Tech: Structural Engineering
|M Tech: Infrastructure construction & Management.
|MSc(Engg): By Research
|PhD: Doctor of Philosophy (By Research)
|Material Testing Laboratory
|Survey Instruments Laboratory
|Engineering Geology Laboratory
|Hydraulics & Hydraulic Machinery Laboratory
|Computer Aided Design Laboratory
|Geotechnical Engineering Laboratory
|Environmental Engineering Laboratory
|Concrete & Highway laboratory
597 total views, 4 views today