About the Department
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering came into existence along with the establishment of the in the year 2005. It is a prestigious and one of the most sought branches of engineering. The Department offers B.E programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering with the present intake of 120 seats. The Department also offers post graduate programme M.Tech in VLSI Design and Embedded Systems with an intake of 18 seats respectively. The department has well experienced highly competent and devoted faculties from reputed institutions. The Department is well-equipped with laboratories as per VTU and AICTE standards i.e. Digital Design, Digital Signal Processing, Microprocessor, Analog & Digital Communications, Electronic Circuits, Microcontroller and VLSI Design which cater to programme needs. Adequate numbers of computers with required software are available and along the Internet lab, the Department has high speed internet access on all the computer terminals and Wi-Fi access through the campus. The Department has received funding for research from Vision Group on Science and Technology (VGST), Dept. of Science and Technology, Govt. of Karnataka.
An excellent academic environment is available for creative and productive work both for faculty as well as students. Future plans include introducing more post graduate programmes and research facilities.
To inspire and train budding engineers with academic skills and industrial development techniques to compete with world-class engineering community.
To inculcate and possess creative, technical knowledge, innovative, leadership, entrepreneurship skills, and ethical values for nurturing engineering as a profession.
To impart and nurture the centre of learning to develop technological excellence in Electronics & Communication Engineers to meet the future challenges in the world.
Salient features of the Department.
- The Department has Undergraduate programme with the intake of 120 students and Post graduate program with the intake of 18 every year.
- The Department has an excellent infrastructure that includes spacious and well equipped labs, class rooms, seminar halls and department library.
- The Department has well maintained systems with good configuration, required softwares and round the clock internet facility.
- The department has organized various co-curricular programmes every year such as Expert lecture, Technical Paper presentation, Industrial visit, Group discussion, Technical quiz, Extempore.
- DSP Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Analog Electronics Lab
- Communication Lab
- HDL Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- Advanced Communication Lab
- Power Electronics lab
- VLSI Design Lab
- Microcontroller Lab
It has large and spacious laboratories with a congenial ratio of student to equipment where they get to work hands-on and get real-time experience under the guidance of the highly accomplished faculty. The laboratories are well equipped with ultra modern, hi-tech equipments to meet the growing needs of the industry. It has procured latest version of MATLAB and XILINX and TANNER software to enable the students to learn the latest tools used by the industry. Over the years, the department has built up laboratories in the areas of Electronic devices and circuits, Digital and Logic Design, Microprocessors, Communications including Microwaves and Analog Communications, HDL, VLSI, Microcontrollers and Matlab.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To strengthen the concepts and fundamentals in mathematics, science and engineering to develop analytical skills.
- To ensures the delivery of quality education.
- To prepare students for the design and development of innovative electronic systems.
- To provide an opportunity for students to work on multidisciplinary projects.
- To provide students with an academic environment which helps in building leadership qualities, effective communication skills and ethics needed for a successful professional career.
- To prepare graduates for successful career in Electronics industries and R&D organizations.
- Ability to use modern engineering tools, software and equipment to solve problems.
- Ability to analyze and work on multidisciplinary tasks with effective communication.
- Ability to design and conduct innovative experiments to develop complete Electronics system.
- Ability to engage in life-long learning to follow developments in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
940 total views, 5 views today